Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us including the purchase of vehicles and provision of services, and to respond to query from you regarding those such contract.
- To manage and administer the relationship between you and us.
- To obtain feedback from you regarding us.
- To provide you with reminders regarding your vehicle including, for example, when your vehicle is due to have a service or MOT undertaken.
- To provide you with information about vehicles, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At Redline Specialist Cars Limited we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow Redline Specialist Cars Limited to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- Art. 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered or are in the process of entering into a contract with Redline Specialist Cars Limited, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract or is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Art. 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with Redline Specialist Cars Limited, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Redline Specialist Cars Limited or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
o To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with Redline Specialist Cars Limited’s commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/opt-out. You may also call Redline Specialist Cars Limited’s dealerships or contact our Data Protection Officer who will complete the online opt-out for you.
Sharing personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us such as marketing activities.
- To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
- To third party finance companies for the purposes of them providing you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
- To third party providers of insurance products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may contact you as advised by our suppliers (a full listing can be found via the link at the foot of this notice) to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle and any policies are maintained, and the replacement of your vehicle and car care related products.
We will register your vehicle keeper details and will cross check your data with DVLA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
- Request copies of your data.
- Rectification of your data.
- Erasure of your data.
- Object to us or restrict the processing of your data.
- Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that despite this we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example a finance agreement.
To learn more or to exercise any of these rights you can contact our Data Protection Officer whose contact details are provided at the bottom of this page.
We retain your personal information for seven years from the point of purchasing a vehicle from us, or two years from the point of last communication. We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request from our Data Protection Officer, details of whom can be found below.
Redline Specialist Cars Limited reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.redlinespecialistcars.co.uk
A full listing of our nominated suppliers, who we may share information with, together with the various sources (e.g. service plan and vehicle health check data) can be found at the foot of this notice.
Data Protection Officer
Name: John Graeme
Address: Redline Specialist Cars, Grimbald Crag Close, Knaresborough, HG5 8PY
If we are unable to resolve any issues you raise within 30 days you have you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office @ https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Suppliers we may share your information with can be found in the following link https://www.redlinespecialistcars.co.uk/suppliers/.
Explaining Cookies on our website
When you visit our Website we issue a “cookie” file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information. Cookies enable us to: improve the use of our Website; to recognise your computer; to store settings to help facilitate your use of our Website; and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
If your computer is configured to accept cookies we will be able to provide time saving functionality such as the ability to pre-fill the enquiry forms with your details, thus preventing the need to re-input them each time you need to contact us.
- To enable the delivery of functionality that improves the ease and speed of using the Website (see above).
- To enable us to track the relative popularity of disparate parts of our Website. This in turn enables us to concentrate our efforts on developing those parts of the Website that are generating the greatest consumer demand.
Third Party Cookies
We also use third party cookies on our Website for various purposes, examples detailed below:
This is a tool that we use to better understand how people are using our website. It is also used by Google to better understand the performance of its own websites. What information are they tracking? The Google Analytics cookie enables our website to recognise you if you visit again – as well as information about the pages you visit; when you visit; how long you visit our website; the IP address and what site you were looking at before arriving at our site (the referring url). See more information on Google Analytics Cookies
We also use Google to provide services such as Google Maps and You Tube
Boomerang – (Yahoo)
We use Boomerang to measures the performance of our website from the user’s point of view. Boomerang sends this data back to us for further analysis. With this information we find out exactly how fast a user’s experience of our site is and as a result we can use this data to increase the performance of our website.
Video Chat Service
These cookies are used in order to present you with relevant display advertising powered by Autotrader UK on other websites.
For further information on cookies or for details on how to delete them or refuse their installation on your computer, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/